Jersey Clinics started as a promising idea in Paterson during the residency and fellowship training programs in 1994 of Richards Afonja MD and Joel Nwosu-Nelson MD in 1994 at St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center. Soon after completion of the program, a single office was opened in Passaic County with the sole objective of delivering quality medical services to the community irrespective of their racial, financial and social statuses. The company has grown from a small office with four employees to over 50 employees, physicians and nurse practitioners of over 130 years of combined experience in five office locations in various North Jersey cities.
Jersey Clinics can be proud of the tremendous compassionate, quality and timely health care services of our other partners and associates including Howard Benn MD, Masume Rafati MD, Pawan Gundavaram MD, James Tadros MD (Laboratory Director-Immunology and Flowcytometry, Martina Murphy NP, and Irina Zargarian NP-C, Irene Ambe-Nguni MP. We treat patients from all over the tri-state area and as far as Pennsylvania, Florida, Georgia and Delaware.
Our services include but are not limited to:
- General internal medicine consultation for all diseases including: hypertension, diabetes, cancer, sickle cell anemia, anemia due to other causes, hemophilia, kidney disorders, arthritis, poor circulation erectile dysfunction, pregnancy related medical disorders including blood clots, frequent abortions or miscarriages, platelet disorders, white cell disorders, HIV, and heart diseases
- Chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, biologic therapy, immunotherapy etc.
- Family practice evaluation
- Geriatric (elderly) care
- Pre-employment physicals
- Preventive evaluations and treatments
- Annual and regular screening evaluations
- Laboratory tests
- Pulmonary function tests
- Bone marrow aspiration and biopsy
- Flowcytometry DNA analysis
- Intravenous infusions for various conditions including dehydration, diabetes, anemia, autoimmune disorders,
- Port-a-Cath flushes
- Coumadin Clinic with INR monitoring
Although we provide all these services, Jersey Clinics also has direct working relationships with seasoned and highly trained board certified specialists in various fields including Cardiology, Pulmonary, Infectious disease, Endocrinology, Rheumatology, Surgery, High-risk obstetrics, Gynecology, Neurology, Physical Rehabilitation, Sleep Center and Nephrology.
We are delighted to say that Jersey Clinics opens 7 days a week at the Walk-in/Ambulatory Care/ Urgicare Center at the Barnert Building, on Broadway in Paterson while our other 4 offices in Paterson, Clifton and Hoboken are by appointments only.
We are also pleased to say that since the inception of this company, we have provided employment for the residents of Passaic County and we have also taken part in various community programs including Peruvian Day Parade, Dominican Day Parade, Various Church and Mosque programs in form health talks, lectures, dinners etc. as some of our corporate social responsibility programs.
We thank all our patients, their families home and various advisers who have patronized us and we promise to continue to deliver quality and state-of-the-art health care services!
Richards Afonja MD